Some events may be cancelled due to the current health precautions. Please check with event organisers for updates.
Public Masses on Sundays and weekdays have resumed. Sunday mass is also being broadcast online (9:30 am in English) at www.catholic.org.hk
Easter in Hong Kong, as part of the British legacy, is a public holiday with a long weekend of days off from Good Friday to Easter Monday.
For 2021, the
Easter holidays will be from Friday April 2 to Tuesday April 6, 2021. So how does Hong Kong celebrate Easter?
For the great majority it will be about relaxing over the long weekend more than anything else.
For the approximate 800,000 Christian community,
there will be services, which are available in Cantonese, Mandarin, English and Tagalog.
In recent years we have seen more and more of the typical activities associated with the Easter season: Egg Hunts, Easter Bunnies, picnics, brunches, afternoon teas, and now even Hong Kong Disneyland gets in on the action with their Disney Springtime Egg-stravaganza!
So if you're looking for a quiet weekend and an uplifting service, or a lively egg-hunt for the kids to enjoy, here are
some of this year's Easter events happening in Hong Kong:
Easter Sunday Services - April 4, 2021
Easter Sunday is on April 4, 2021. Here are some places you can attend Easter Sunday services to share
in the spirit and purpose of the Easter celebration.
- Saint Andrew's Church - 138 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, MTR Jordan Station Exit D
Phone +852 2367-1478
English: 9:30 am, 11:30 am
- St John's Cathedral - 4-8 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong Island
Phone +852 2523-4157
English: 8:00 am, 9:00am, 11:45, 6:00 pm
Tagalog: 2:00 pm
Mandarin: 10:30 am
Disney Springtime Carnivale of Stars and Egg-stravaganza
Mickey, Minnie and the gang will be
sporting their new spring-themed outfits and putting together The Stars Springtime Celebration, this is a lively show on Main Street with all our favourite Disney friends old and new!
When? mid-March through June 2020, exact dates TBA
Where? Hong Kong Disneyland
How Much? Disney Springtime Celebration activities are free with Park Admission.
Remember you can buy discount tickets online at Klook.com:
HK Disneyland Discount Tickets Adult
HK639 HKD580 US$75, Children HK475 HKD435 US$56
More Info and Booking at Klook.com
Discovery Bay AR Easter Egg Hunt
Eggs and prizes won't be hidding on the beach this time. This year you will be hunting through the AR Easter Egg Hunt Mobile Game then redeem fabulous prizes for each Easter Egg hunted, total prize value is over HK$900,000!
When? April 2 - 4, 2021 - 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm
Where? DB Plaza, Discovery Bay, take the Ferry from Central Pier 3, takes 20-25 minutes
How Much? HK200, HK120 at Klook
More Info www.visitdiscoverybay.com and Discovery Bay FB Page, Tickets and Registration.
Easter Carnival At The Peak Lookout
Fantastic Easter fun with activities for the family including Easter Egg Hunt, cake decorating, etc. 2021 activities To Be Confirmed.
When? TBC Sunday, April 4, 2021 - 1:00 PM to 5:00 pm To Be Confirmed
Where? The Peak Lookout, 121 Peak Road, The Peak, Hong Kong
More Info The Peak Lookout on Facebook, call early for reservations to avoid dissapointment
+852 2849 1000, email [email protected]
Easter Sunday Brunch, Easter Afternoon Tea at The Mandarin Oriental
The Mandarin Oriental is one of our favourite spots for Sunday Brunch, with or without Easter Bunny. This year's Easter activities have not been cofirmed but if you are looking for a fantastic Sunday Brunch, MO won't disappoint.
Hop over to Clipper Lounge which features an extravagant buffet brunch and dinner, a great way to celebrate the holiday or enjoy a lavish Afternoon Tea at Cafe Causette.
When? Sunday Brunch - 12:00 to 3:00 pm
Where? Clipper Lounge at Mandarin Oriental
More Info and Reservations www.mandarinoriental.com/clipper-lounge, Call +852 2825 4000 or Email [email protected]
And here are some more great places to try that are rocking the Brunch scene in Hong Kong:
More Things To Do This Easter: Activities, Tours, Attractions that are OPEN
Many attractions remain closed but several tours, attractions and activities that can be conducted safely while adhering to proper social distancing guidelines have reopened as have most outdoor activities.
It's time to get out! Here's a list of fun outdoor things to do that have restarted operations and can be booked now. When possible book tickets online and/or make a reservation as many of the activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- The Peak Tram, Peak Tower, Sky Terrace and Peak Galleria are OPEN
- The Hong Kong Observation Wheel - is OPEN
- Ocean Park - is OPEN, purchase tickets online, you also must make a reservation for the day of your visit
- Hong Kong Disneyland - is OPEN, purchase tickets online, you also must make a reservation for the day of your visit
- All 3 routes of Big Bus Hop On Hop Off Bus Tours are operating on weekends -->
- Sky100 Observation Deck - is OPEN
- Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car - is OPEN, purchase tickets online
- Harbour Cruises have restarted, the following have resumed sailings:
- Fantastic outdoor excursions: hiking, kayaking, swimming, mountain biking, paddleboarding...
- Lion Rock Sunset Hiking Adventure - Victoria Harbour's most dramatic summit - 4 hours, starts from Wong Tai Sin MTR station
- Victoria Peak Private Evening Hike - 2 hours, meets at Central MTR Station, Victoria Peak Tram tickets for return optional
- Geopark Kayaking Adventure - 7 hours, meets at Hang Hau MTR Station
- The Mai Po Nature Reserve is OPEN, the WWF offers eco-visits Thrusdays through Sundays, which is the easiest way to visit the reserve without having to get a government permit. You can book an eco-visit here
- Hong Kong Wetland park - is OPEN, the Mudflat Hide has also reopened
- Sai Kung Standup-Paddle Adventure - 5 hours, meets at Hang Hau MTR station
- Hike the legendary Ngong Ping 360 Rescue Trail to the Big Buddha - 4 hours, starts at Tung Chung MTR station
- Lantau Mountain Biking Adventure - 6 hours, meets at the Central Ferry Pier
- Hike the Yellow Dragon Gorge Nature Trek in Lantau Island - 5 hours, meets at Tung Chung MTR station on Lantau Island
- Plover Cove Bicycling and Hiking Adventure - 4 hours, meets at Tai Po Market MTR station
- Tai Mo Shan Waterfall Hike the tallest waterfall in Hong Kong - 4 hours, meets at Tai Wo MTR station
- The Dragon's Back Hike and Tai Long Wan Beach - 5 hours, meets at Shau Kei Wan MTR station
- Ma On Shan Climbing Adventure - 6 hours, starts at Heng On MTR ends in Saikung town
- Tolo Harbour Cycling Adventure - 4 hours, meets at Tai Po Market MTR Station
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund