As pandemic measures have eased, hotels in Hong Kong are gearing to go all out for the Christmas celebrations once again with their different themes and activities... christmas bazaars, live music and performances, activities for children, and naturally, fantastic displays, lights and decorations.
For our local residents, this is a great time for a Staycation since all hotels are having deals that would under normal circumstances cost quite a lot more as tourist numbers are yet to return in force. This is such a fantastic time to enjoy the holiday spirit as all the hotels really put on the glitz so take advantage of the season's offers which may not be available later.
Here are some top hotels in Hong Kong and what they have on offer this Christmas: markets, christmas and holiday banquets, children activities, concerts, caroling and entertainment, and of course... Santa Claus. There is plenty to choose from whether you are celebrating with friends and/or family and children. And rest assured all activities are being conducted in accordance with latest Covid health and safety measures.
The Four Seasons Hong Kong Festive Season 2022
The Four Seasons enjoys a fantastic and convenient location in the heart of Central with some of the most striking views facing the harbour. It is connected to the IFC Mall with easy access to shopping and the main transport links: MTR Central station, Airport Express, Star Ferry, Macau Ferry, Ding Ding Trams.
At Christmastime Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong will be transformed to a festive destination with distinctive dining experiences prepared by Michelin starred chefs, Christmas gourmet offers and gifting ideas on the eShop, and Christmas spa breaks and a touch of magic for staycation makers.
This year's festive activities include Ballet and Choir Performances at The Lobby on December 24 and 25, featuring the Jean M. Wong School of Ballet, St. Joseph's Primary School Choir, the Baron School of Music and St. Stephen's College Choir.
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner menus are available at Caprice and Lung King Heen.
And at the Festive Afternoon Tea expect mini Gingerbread Man, petit Chocolate and Mandarin Yule Log Cake and Mulled Berries Snowman Macaroon that will enliven the spirit of Christmas.
For the little ones, many fun festive family activities in the hotel are planned including Little Chefs cooking classes and kid-friendly arts and crafts.
- Christmas Eve Dinner at Caprice - HK$5,088
- Christmas Eve Dinner at Lung King Heen - HK$1,980, kids HK$880, vegetarian option available
- Christmas Day Dinner at Caprice - HK$3,280
- Christmas Day Dinner at Lung King Heen - HK$1,980, kids dinner HK$880, vegetarian option available
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Lunch Buffet at Argo - HK$980
- Festive Afternoon Tea at The Lounge - from HK$485
All prices subject to 10% service charge.
›› More Info and Reservations Four Seasons Hong Kong Festive Season 2022
›› Stay at the Four Seasons, find best rates
The Peninsula celebrates The Peninsula Express: An Enchanting Festive Voyage
The Pen is the legendary "Grande Dame of the Far East" and oldest hotel in Hong Kong. Located in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui this hotel is perfectly situated for shopping and taking in the Christmas lights. Service at the Peninsula is over the top, and come holiday time, it won't dissapoint.
This year, the hotel takes special holiday inspiration from the golden age of railway travel by inviting guests on an enchanting voyage aboard The Peninsula Express when the Lobby transforms into the Grand Salisbury Station... Guests will be transported back to the grand era of steam locomotives and railway adventures and embark on a delightful itinerary of sumptuous meals, family activities, and festive events.
- Christmas Eve Gala Dinner at the Peninsula: Complete with delicious celebratory menus and exclusive dining experiences, The Grande Dame's festive programme extends to each of the signature restaurants and bars: The Lobby, Gaddi's, Felix, Chesa, Imasa, The Verandah, The Salisbury Room and Spring Moon. Each with a series of special menus and live performances including Carols by Festive Chamber and the Harmonic Choir and the Band by Harmony Production as well as The Lobby's, Gaddy's and Felix's Bands.
- Christmas Eve Gala Dinner at The Lobby, Gaddy's, Felix and Chesa - from HK1,688 - HK$3,888
- Christmas Eve Set Dinner and à la carte menu at Spring Moon - from HK1,000
- Christmas Eve Set Dinner at Imasa - HK1,888
- Christmas Eve Gala Dinner Buffet at The Verandah - HK2,388, children under 12 HK$1,388
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day Lunch, Brunch, Afternoon Tea, Set Dinners available
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Festive Afternoon Tea with Carols at The Lobby HK$628
All prices are subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation is required.
›› More Info 2022 The Peninsula Express: An Enchanting Festive Voyage
›› Stay at the Peninsula, find best rates!
A Magical Christmas at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong
Harbour Grand Hong Kong centrally located on Hong Kong Island, this multi-award-winning hotel boasts a 270-degree of the Victoria Harbour skyline. The hotel offers spacious guest rooms and suites suitable for both leisure and business travelers. The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from Fortress Hill MTR station.
A magical festive season begins once guests step into the splendid lobby of Harbour Grand Hong Kong and its signature sparkling Swarovski chandelier.
Surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides, Le 188° Restaurant & Lounge offers a 188-degree harbour view from the very top of the hotel which is one of the best spots to enjoy the coolest moments of the year while savouring festive delights. The open terrace provide fabulous harbour and city views.
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Dinner Buffet at Harbour Grand Cafe, a luxurious feast with all the traditional treats. Christmas Yule Log, Roasted Stuffed Turkey, together with a wide selection of festive sweets, will be ready at the 80-feet long buffet station. From HK$987 per adult and HK$690 per child.
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day set dinner at Le 188°, the Harbour Grand's signature restaurant which is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides - HK 1,746 per person
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Champagne and Tapas at Le 188°, - HK 1,856 per person
Book early for 20% discount. All prices are subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation is required.
›› Harbour Grand 2022 Christmas
›› Stay at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong, find best rates!
Festive Season at Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
The Mandarin is one of Hong Kong's legendary icons which opened in the early '60s. It enjoys that perfect location in the Central Business District and just steps from many of the fantastic holiday displays and lights on the Hong Kong Island side.
The Mandarin Oriental will certainly offer an unforgettable celebration of holiday cheer and festive glamour. Their inspired festive menus offer traditional favourites alongside innovative treats, all prepared and served by an award-winning team.
This year, you can book a private dining experience at Michelin-starred Mandarin Grill + Bar, Man Wah, or in the world's only Krug Room with your close friends and family.
- A long-standing tradition of freshly roasted chestnuts, warm mulled wine, and homemade mince pies is back this holiday season at the Hotel Lobby December 24 and 25 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. And for the ultimate winter tradition, enjoy freshly roasted chestnuts at the Main Hotel Entrance from December 21 - 23, 2022.
- For the little ones, plenty of festive activities on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day: face painting, magician and balloon twisters, Santa visits at Restaurant venues.
- Christmas Choirs at Restaurant outlets as well as the Lobby Staircase
- Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet at The Connaught Room and Clipper Lounge - HK$1,488, child HK$588
- Christmas Eve 4-Course Set Dinner at Causette - HK$988, child HK$588
- Christmas Eve 5-Course Set Dinner at Mandarin Grill - HK$2,988
- Christmas Eve 3-Course Set Dinner at The Chinnery - HK$988
- Plenty of happenings on Christmas Day and Boxing Day including Brunch Buffets, Afternoon Teas and Dinner Buffets, 5-course lunches and dinners
All prices subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation and prepayment required for most.
›› More Info Festive Season 2022 at Mandarin Oriental
›› Stay at the Mandarin Oriental, find best rates now!
Enchanting Christmas at the Ritz Carlton
Ritz Carlton Hong Kong is the world's highest hotel. Located between the 102nd and 118th floors of the ICC building, the tallest skyscraper in Hong Kong, it offers incredible views and panoramic surroundings of all the holiday glitz that envelopes the harbour this time of the year. Besides the killer views, the Ritz-Carlton unveils a sensational festive programme for guests to celebrate the holiday throughout their many venues including Teddy Bear afternoon teas, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Dinners, Brunches, Buffets, with Santa appearances, Countdown Parties and more.
This year Santa will be parading up and down the hotel from the many restaurants to the Club Lounge on the 116th Floor. There will be choir performances and Christmas Carols on December 24 and 25.
Furry friends are also invited to take part in the festivities at Ritz Carlton where they can enjoy complimentary festive pet costumes during their stay.
These are some of these year's celebratory offerings:
- Ozone Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet with free-flow Veuve Clicquot - HK$1,568
- Tin Lung Heen Christmas Eve 6-course Set Dinner with glass of Dom Pérignon - HK$2,388
- Tosca di Angelo Christmas Eve 8-course Set Dinner - HK$3,080
- The Lounge & Bar Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet with Santa Claus Appearance and free-flow Veuve Clicquot Champagne - 2 seatings from HK$1,348+, child HK$648+
- Cafe 103 Steiff Teddy Bear Festive Afternoon Tea - HK$588 for one HK$ 1,058 for two
- Cafe 103 Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet with Santa Claus Appearance and free-flow Veuve Clicquot Champagne - HK$1,388, child HK$728
- Lots happening on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, buffet lunch, dinners, set dinner, festive Tea, etc.
All prices are subject to 10% service charge
›› More Info Ritz-Carlton A Time to Celebrate Christmas 2022 Festive Season
›› Stay at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, find best rates
A Cheerful Christmas at the Marco Polo
The Marco Polo offers a fantastic location in Harbour City, Hong Kong's largest shopping center of legendary Christmas displays fame. The hotel also offers superb views of the world's most dramatic waterfront and is one of our top picks for fireworks viewing if you are staying through New Year's.
For the holidays, get ready to unwrap a Christmas feast at Cucina with an Italian-style celebration, or spend an exhilarating night with the family at Cafe Marco which will be serving seasonal buffet specialties from around the globe, or simply book your table at the Lobby Lounge for a festive semi-buffet lunch or dinner.
The Christmas 2022 festive programme includes Italian celebrations at Cucina, Christmas Buffets at Cafe Marco, and festive lunches and dinners at the Lobby Lounge.
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 6-course Italian Dinner at Cucina with Santa Claus visit - HK$1,488
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Buffet Lunch at Cafe Marco with Santa Claus visit - HK$578, children HK$428, Senior HK$528
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Buffet Dinner at Cafe Marco with Santa Claus visit - HK$898, children HK$648, Senior HK$848
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 4-course Dinner at the Lobby Lounge with Santa Claus visit and Christmas Carols - HK$668
- Boxing Day offerings include Italian Brunches, Tea, Buffet and Set Lunches and Dinner specials
All prices subject to 10% service charge.
›› A Cheerful Christmas 2022 at Marco Polo
›› Stay at the Marco Polo, find best rates now!
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions in Hong Kong
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Send a Tip!Got something to share? Let us know!