Hotels in Hong Kong go all out for the Christmas celebrations with different themes and activities every year. This year because of the pandemic, what is lacking in visitors it is making up with fantastic staycation deals and holiday celebrations, everything according to the latest government health measures with most hotels offering private venues for families and close friends bubbles.
It's a great time for a Staycation since all hotels are having deals that would under normal circumstances cost quite a lot more and this is such a fantastic time to enjoy the holiday spirit as all the hotels really put on the glitz with christmas bazaars, live music and performances, activities for children, and naturally, fantastic displays, lights and decorations.
Here are some top hotels in Hong Kong and what they have on offer this Christmas: markets, christmas and holiday banquets, children activities, concerts, caroling and entertainment, and of course... Santa Claus. There is plenty to choose from whether you are celebrating with friends and/or family and children. And rest assured all activities are being conducted in accordance with latest Covid health and safety measures.
The Four Seasons Hong Kong Festive Season 2021
The Four Seasons enjoys a fantastic and convenient location in the heart of Central with some of the most striking views facing the harbour. It is connected to the IFC Mall with easy access to shopping and the main transport links: MTR Central station, Airport Express, Star Ferry, Macau Ferry, Ding Ding Trams.
At Christmastime Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong will be transformed to a festive destination with distinctive dining experiences prepared by Michelin starred chefs, Christmas gourmet offers and gifting ideas on the eShop, and Christmas spa breaks and a touch of magic for staycation makers. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner menus are available at Caprice, Lung King Heen and The Lounge.
And at the Festive Afternoon Tea expect mini Gingerbread Man, petit Chocolate and Mandarin Yule Log Cake and Mulled Berries Snowman Macaroon that will enliven the spirit of Christmas.
For the little ones, many fun festive family activities in the hotel are planned including Santa Claus Surprise, Little Chefs classes, kids
fitness, scavenger hunt, virtual car racer, and more!
- Christmas Eve 8-course Dinner at Caprice - HK$4,388
- Christmas Eve 9-course Dinner at Lung King Heen - HK$1,888, kids 7-course dinner HK$880, vegetarian option available
- Christmas Day 8-course Dinner at Caprice - HK$3,280
- Christmas Day 9-course Dinner at Lung King Heen - HK$1,888, kids 7-course dinner HK$880, vegetarian option available
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Lunch Buffet at Argo - HK$980
- Festive Afternoon Tea - HK$508
All prices subject to 10% service charge.
›› More Info and Reservations Four Seasons Hong Kong Festive Season 2021
›› Stay at the Four Seasons, find best rates
Stories From The Tree at the Peninsula
The Pen is the legendary "Grande Dame of the Far East" and oldest hotel in Hong Kong. Located in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui this hotel is perfectly situated for shopping and taking in the Christmas lights. Service at the Peninsula is over the top, and come holiday time, it won't dissapoint.
The magic of the season is once again brought to life with its signature theme, "Stories from the Tree". The tales' six lively characters, including the Nutcracker, Gingerbread Man, Robin, Reindeer, Santa, and Pageboy, adorn the hotel's Christmas tree. This year's story features the Reindeer as the main character, who journeys around the world to see (and taste) different Christmas traditions. We can also count with surprise appearances of Peninsula Bear and Santa Claus during the festivities.
- This Christmas, The Peninsula features "Wish Upon a Star" festive installation at the Sun Terrace with many encounters and offerings including candle making, festive art, gingerbread making class, etc.
- Christmas Eve Gala Dinner at the Peninsula: Complete with delicious celebratory menus and exclusive dining experiences, The Grande Dame's festive programme extends to each of the signature restaurants and bars: The Lobby, Gaddi's, Felix, Chesa, The Verandah, The Salisbury Room and Spring Moon. Each with a series of special menus and live performances including Carols by Festive Chamber, the Lobby's, Gaddy's and Felix's Bands.
- Christmas Eve Gala Dinner at The Lobby, Gaddy's, Felix and Chesa - from HK1,488 - HK$3,488,
- Christmas Eve Set Dinner and à la carte menu at Spring Moon - from HK900
- Christmas Eve Gala Dinner Buffet at The Verandah - HK2,188, children under 12 HK$1,288
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day Lunch, Brunch, Afternoon Tea, Set Dinners available
- Festive Season Afternoon Tea and Carols HK$528
All prices are subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation is required.
›› More Info 2021 Peninsula Hong Kong Stories From The Tree Christmas Season
›› Stay at the Peninsula, find best rates!
A Magical White Christmas at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong
Harbour Grand Hong Kong centrally located on Hong Kong Island, this multi-award-winning hotel boasts a 270-degree of the Victoria Harbour skyline. The hotel offers spacious guest rooms and suites suitable for both leisure and business travelers. The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from Fortress Hill MTR station.
A magical festive season begins once guests step into the splendid lobby of Harbour Grand Hong Kong with a magical snowfall and Christmas choir performance. Let your friends and family take pictures with Santa Claus under our 15-foot high shimmering crystal Christmas tree and the signature gigantic Swarovski chandelier.
Surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides, Le 188° Restaurant & Lounge offers a 188-degree harbour view from the very top of the hotel which is one of the best spots to enjoy the coolest moments of the year while savouring festive delights. The open terrace provide fabulous harbour and city views.
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Dinner Buffet at Harbour Grand Cafe, a luxurious feast with all the traditional treats. Christmas Yule Log, Roasted Stuffed Turkey, together with a wide selection of festive sweets, will be ready at the 80-feet long buffet station. From HK$921 per adult and HK$523 per child.
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Lunch Buffet at Harbour Grand Cafe from HK$745 per adult and HK$425 per child.
- Christmas Eve set dinner at Le 188°, the Harbour Grand's signature restaurant which is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides - HK 1,746 per person
- Christmas Day set dinner at Le 188° - HK1,636
Book early from now until November 21 for 21% discount. All prices are subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation is required.
›› Harbour Grand 2021 Christmas
›› Stay at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong, find best rates!
Festive Season at Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
The Mandarin is one of Hong Kong's legendary icons which opened in the early '60s. It enjoys that perfect location in the Central Business District and just steps from Statue Square where the city's Winterfest centrepiece stands every year.
The Mandarin Oriental will certainly offer an unforgettable celebration of holiday cheer and festive glamour. Their inspired festive menus offer traditional favourites alongside innovative treats, all prepared and
served by an award-winning team.
This year, you can book a private dining experience at Michelin-starred Mandarin Grill + Bar, Man Wah or in the world's only Krug Room with your close friends and family.
- A long-standing tradition of freshly roasted chestnuts, warm mulled wine, and homemade mince pies is back this holiday season at the Hotel Lobby December 24 and 25 from 3:00pm to 5:00 pm. Roasted chestnuts at the Main Hotel Entrance and Chater Road from December 20 - 23, 2021 from 5:00pm to 7:00 pm.
- From 1 until 26 December 2021, stay at Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong and visit the hotel's very unique Santa Grotto located in the East Lobby where you might be lucky enough to see Santa between 4 to 5pm daily. Take a photo with Saint Nicholas as a keepsake of your staycation during this special time of the year.
- Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet at The Connaught Room, Clipper Lounge - HK$1,388, child HK$588
- Christmas Eve 4-Course Set Dinner at Causette - HK$1,188, child HK$588
- Christmas Eve 5-Course Set Dinner at Man Wah - HK$2,488
- Christmas Eve 3-Course Set Dinner at The Chinnery - HK$1,288
- Plenty of happenings on Christmas Day and Boxing Day including Brunch Buffets, Afternoon Teas and Dinner Buffets, 5-course lunches and dinners
All prices subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation and prepayment required for most.
›› More Info Festive Season 2021 at Mandarin Oriental
›› Stay at the Mandarin Oriental, find best rates now!
Enchanting Christmas at the Ritz Carlton
Ritz Carlton Hong Kong is the world's highest hotel. Located between the 102nd and 118th floors of the ICC building, the tallest skyscraper in Hong Kong, it offers incredible views and panoramic surroundings of all the holiday glitz that envelopes the harbour this time of the year. Besides the killer views, the Ritz-Carlton unveils a sensational festive programme for guests to celebrate the holiday throughout their many venues including Teddy Bear afternoon teas, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Dinners, Brunches, Buffets, with Santa appearances, Countdown Parties and more.
These are some of the offerings:
- Ozone Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet - HK$998
- Tosca di Angelo Christmas Eve 8-course Set Dinner with Santa Claus Appearance - HK$2,888, 4-course lunch HK$1,188
- Tin Lung Heen Christmas Eve 6-course Set Dinner with Santa Claus Appearance - HK$2,088
- The Lounge & Bar Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet with Santa Claus Appearance and free-flow Veuve Clicquot Champagne - HK$1,288+, child HK$588+
- Cafe 103 Steiff Teddy Bear Festive Afternoon Tea - HK$568 for one HK$ 1,028 for two
- Cafe 103 Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet with Santa Claus Appearance and free-flow Veuve Clicquot Champagne - HK$1,288, child HK$688
- Lots happening on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, buffet lunch, dinners, set dinner, festive Tea, etc.
All prices are subject to 10% service charge
›› More Info Ritz-Carlton Enchanting Christmas 2021 Festive Season
›› Stay at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, find best rates
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund