The Hong Kong International Races are one of the most prominent events in the Asian Sports calendar and one of the biggest and most
exciting meetings in the horse racing world.
Without a doubt a thrilling day not to be missed for horse-racing enthusiasts, and even if you are not
a horse-racing fan, the electrifying atmosphere will give you a great introduction to one of Hong Kong's favourite past times.
While the COVID-19 pandemic has created uncertainty around many international racing events, the strength of this year's entries for the LONGINES Hong Kong International Races confirms that the Sha Tin showpiece remains high on the agenda of international horsemen, featuring world heavyweights Golden Sixty, Gran Alegria, Verry Elleegant, Mac Swiney, Tarnawa, Loves Only You, Hot King Prawn, Danon Smash, Nature Strip, Snowfall, Love and Sealiway.
Longines is the official sponsor and timekeeper of this year's races, which take place on the second Sunday in December at the Sha Tin Race Course.
The Hong Kong International Races are loaded with excitement as befits the world's top racehorses and jockeys, the whopping HK$100 million purse which is at stake, and
not to mention the incomparable prestige of winning a coveted group 1 race.
Four International Group 1 races take place at this meeting at the Sha Tin Racecourse:
Hong Kong International Races
|Hong Kong Cup||HK 30 million||2,000 metres|
|Hong Kong Mile||HK 26 million||1,600 metres|
|Hong Kong Sprint||HK 24 million||1,200 metres|
|Hong Kong Vase||HK 20 million||2,400 metres|
Attending the 2021 Hong Kong International Races
When?: December 12, 2021 - 12:00 - 6:00 pm
Where?: Sha Tin Race Course. MTR: Sha Tin
To comply with the Government's Covid restrictions with regard to group gatherings, the Hong Kong Jockey Club has made special arrangements for race meetings this year for members of the general public to attend the races at both Happy Valley and Sha Tin and a similar arrangement is expected for the HKIR:
At this time, due to the ongoing Covid-19 measures, RESERVATIONS must be made in advance by booking at any one of the course venues and following the prescribed measures. The measures might vary depending on restrictions and curfews in effect at the time. Here are the latest arrangements.
The following venues are open for the General Public for the 2021 LONGINES Hong Kong International Races, note that ONLY CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE MADE AN ADVANCE BOOKING WILL BE ADMITTED.
- Hay Market - A vibrantly open space realized over two mezzanine floors at Grandstand II, offers 4-course western set menu. HK$575 per person, Private room for 12 from HK$7,900
- Pak Sing Restaurant - Offers commanding racetrack views of the thrilling races through the full-height glass windows. Table for 2 HK1,000, Table for 4 HK2,000
- Jump - With various interactive facilities - from energetic Hong Kong horse racing animation, digital gear riding game to Gear VR 360° virtual horse stable tours, customers can enjoy exceptional high technology racing experience. HK235 per person - Western-Asian Set Meal
- Jun Hui Ting Offers International Style Semi-Buffet HK915
- Roof Deck @ 2M Come relax under this refreshingly open ambience overlooking a stunning view of the tracks. Benches and tables available, HK10 per seat.
Getting to the Sha Tin Racecourse
The Sha Tin Race Course is located in the New Territories, the easiest way to get there is with the MTR East Rail line, the racecourse has its own dedicated station.
It will take you approximately 40-45 minutes from Central and 25-30 minutes from Tsim Sha Tsui and you can pay with the handy Octopus Card.
- From Central or Tsim Sha Tsui, take the Red Tsuen Wan Line (Red) to Mong Kok
- At Mong Kok change to the Kwun Tong Line (Green) to Kowloon Tong
- At Kowloon Tong change to the East Rail Line (Light Blue)
- Take the East Rail Line to Racecourse Station. Racecourse Station is only operational on race days.
Here's more on this year's Hong Kong International Races.
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund