For those looking for an Airport Hotel in Hong Kong, here are some excellent choices that will more than fit the typical needs
for an overnight stopover or long layover between flights.
They are also perfect for that early morning
departure, or yikes, if your flight is cancelled or you have missed your connection.
Hong Kong International Airport or Chek Lap Kok Airport is located in Lantau Island, it's about a 40 minute taxi ride into the city,
or a 24-minute train ride with the Airport Express.
Transportation into the city is easy
and convenient from the airport and also from any of the airport area hotels. Airport hotel prices are often but not necessarily more affordable than a comparable hotel at the city.
Hong Kong airport hotels are a more affordable choice for families visiting Hong Kong Disneyland vs. staying at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels.
Hong Kong Disneyland is located near the airport, and all of these airport hotels often have vacation packages and offer free
shuttle transportation to the park.
Besides Disneyland, all of Lantau's great attractions are also easy to reach from this area hotels which makes them a good base for exploring
All of these hotels are well-appointed, with restaurants, swimming pools, gyms and spas, and sound-proof rooms to block airport noise. Also
as expected, they cater to the flight crews and at times check-in and check-out could be cumbersome during their peak times. When possible take
advantage of their express check-out to avoid long waits.
These are our top choices for Airport Hotels in Hong Kong, which one to choose? Read on and decide...
Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong
The Regal Airport Hotel is the ultimate in airport convenience, you can literally walk from your hotel room to your airport terminal
without breaking a sweat.
The hotel is connected to the airport via a covered walkway, which makes it ideal for that quick overnight stay, or if you are having
to catch an early morning flight, as it is literally a 5-minute walk away from the airport.
Regal Airport Hotel In a nutshell
- 5-minute walk from airport to hotel
- Runway views from some rooms are great, kids loved watching the planes take off and land!
- Disneyland family packages are available that include free shuttle transportation to the park
- WiFi is free at the lobby and public areas for the first 30 minutes.
- Easy access to the city with the Airport Express Train which whisks you into the city in all of 24 minutes.
- Because it is adjacent to the airport, you can take advantage of all the facilities there: shops, restaurants, etc.
The not so good...
- In-room WiFi is expensive and charged by the number of devices. You can overcome this by booking directly through their website.
- If access to city transport is important, consider that getting there with the Airport Express although faster, it is more expensive than with the
Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong:
Novotel Citygate Airport Hotel
The Novotel Citygate Hotel is located at the Tung Chung complex which includes all within easy 2 to 5 minute walks: the Citygate Outlet Mall,
the Tung Chung MTR station and the Ngong Ping Cable Car lower terminus station.
This location makes it an ideal hotel, specially if you have some time before catching that flight, for getting to/from the city, do a little shopping
at the Outlet Mall, or exploring some of Lantau Island, for example the Big Buddha.
The airport is convenient as well, only a 5-minute shuttle ride away.
Novotel Citygate Airport Hotel In a nutshell
- Free airport shuttle that runs every 15 minutes from 6:00 am - 11:45 pm. The ride takes only 5 minutes, it's that close and convenient.
From the airport, go to the arrivals area hotel desk, Novotel is B16, they will direct you to the area where you catch the shuttle.
- Beautiful views of the mountains, the sea and the surrounding islands from the upper rooms.
- Hong Kong Disneyland family packages are available that include free shuttle transportation to the park, Disneyland tickets, buffett breakfast, etc.
- WiFi is free at the lobby and restaurants for the first 20 minutes or so, no limit at the business center.
- Excellent transportation hub with easy access to:
- Central or Tsim Sha Tsui, a 35-40 minute MTR ride, which is cheaper than the Airport Express trains into the city.
- Big Buddha and Ngong Ping Cable Car, the terminal is a five minute walk from the hotel, the cable car ride takes about 20 minutes.
- Hong Kong Disneyland with the MTR, only two MTR stations away and a ride in our favourite MTR Mickey line!
- Free shuttle to Asia-World Expo, a major Convention and Exhibition venue.
- Citygate Outlet Mall is only an escalator ride away from the hotel: movie theaters, restaurants, cafes, grocery store,
and over 90 designer factory outlets offering the latest in fashion, sports, beauty and home.
The not so good...
- In-room WiFi is expensive. You can get free WiFi if you are a member of the Accor Hotel Group, membership is free, so definitely worth doing if you are staying here!
Novotel Citygate Airport Hotel:
Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Airport Hotel
The SkyCity Marriott is another comfortable choice with great ammenities and convenience to the airport in Hong Kong.
This hotel is connected via a walkway
to the AsiaWorld Expo, one of Hong Kong's main exhibition, concert, and convention venue.
The free shuttles to the airport run every 20 minutes and whisk you there in less than 10 minutes.
There is also a shuttle to the Tung Chung transport hub every 30 minutes, where you can connect to the rest of the city attractions and Lantau Island.
Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Airport Hotel In a nutshell
- Free airport shuttle that runs every 20 minutes from 5:00 am - midnight. The ride takes less than 10 minutes, it's that close and convenient.
From the airport, go to the arrivals area hotel desk, SkyCity Marriott is B05, they will direct you to the area where you catch the shuttle.
- Adjacent to AsiaWorld Expo, a main event and concert
venue in Hong Kong, so if you're just in for that Lady Gaga concert and flying out the next day, this is the hotel for you.
- Beautiful seaviews from upper rooms.
- Free shuttle transportation to Hong Kong Disneyland
- WiFi is free at the lobby and public areas
- Free shuttle transportation every 30 minutes to the Tung Chung complex for easy access to the city, Ngong Ping Cable Car and CityGate Outlet Mall. See
- This is a Marriott, expect nothing less!
The not so good...
- In-room WiFi is expensive. You can get free in-room WiFi if you are a member of the Marriott Rewards programme.
Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Airport Hotel:
What we would choose for...
- Convenience to the airport only, just want to rest awhile and get back to catch a flight: the Regal Aiport Hotel
- Have some time and want to get into the city?
- The Novotel with the Tung Chung MTR line, MTR station within 2-minute walk and MTR is cheaper than the train.
- The Regal's option with the Airport Express is pricier, you catch the Airport Express train at the Airport, also a short walk.
- The Marriott has two options: via pricier Airport Express station at the adjacent AsiaWorld complex, or take the
free shuttle to Tung Chung and the cheaper MTR.
- For shopping: the Novotel with the CitiGate Outlet Mall just an escalator ride away
- For visiting Disneyland? Check which one has the best vacation package at the time of your visit. They all offer free shuttles to the park.
Long Layover But Not Quite As Long To Pay For A Hotel Room: Airport Lounges
What if your long layover is a few hours but not long enough to warrant the expense of a hotel night? Check the Airport Lounges which offer fantastic facilities to freshen up, rest, catch up with e-mails...
First check with the Airlines Partners of which you are a member. For non-members check out the Plaza Premium Lounge where no membership is needed and you pay-as-you-go. You can use the shower facilities for $26, or splurge a bit more for a few hours at the lounge or private resting areas. There is of course food, business centre, wifi, etc.
There are several locations at Hong Kong Airport at both the Arrivals and Departure Halls.
Hong Kong Hotels Quick Links
Hot offers and discount tickets
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions