Hong Kong Disneyland Covid-19 Precautions
HKDL is temporarily CLOSED, all three hotels of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort remain open with adjusted level of services
Once it reopens this is what's different after implementation of new safety and health precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19:
- Reservations are mandatory except for children under 3. You can make a reservation here where you will need to enter your ticket/voucher/membership card info as well as the visit date. You can also purchase discount tickets and make the online registration via Klook
- All guests are required to undergo a temperature screening procedure upon arrival.
- Visitors must wear face masks during their visit (exept when dining).
- Social distancing will be implemented in queues, restaurants, attraction vehicles, and other facilities throughout the park.
- Character meet-ups with close interactions at the park and hotels will be adjusted to avoid close interaction.
- Indoor live performances will be suspended.
- Star Ferry transfers to HK Disneyland are temporarily suspended.
For more info check out HKDL's Covid-19 Reopening Guidelines and Safety Measures.
Please check for the latest Hong Kong Coronavirus measures, guidelines, reopenings, closures.
A visit to Disney Land Hong Kong is an easy one-day or half-day trip from the city. It is easy to get to with convenient
transportation options and plenty of family fun and stuff to do for kids and the kid in all of us.
Here are our tips for some Magical Disney time and some answers to your
most frequently asked questions about the park.
How to get to Disneyland Hong Kong?
Easy And Fun: With Public Transportation
Getting to the Theme Park is easy with Hong Kong's convenient MTR. Hong Kong Disneyland which is located in Lantau Island has its own
dedicated MTR "Disneyland Resort" Line and Station.
Signs are very well marked, you can't get lost.
From Central it will take about 40-45 minutes, and about 35-40 minutes from TST.
MTR tickets to Disneyland Resort
|from Central||from Tsim Sha Tsui|
| Adult || HK30 || HK24.50|
|Child|| HK16|| HK12.50|
|Senior|| HK16|| HK12.50|
And remember you can use your Octopus Card to pay for the fare and get a small discount.
From Central (Hong Kong Island) to Disneyland
1) Take the Tung Chung Line (Yellow), from Hong Kong Station, you can get to Hong Station from the Island Line through
Central Station, it is a five minute walk.
2) Change to the Disneyland Resort Line (pink) at Sunny Bay.
3) Arrive at the Disney Hong Kong Station.
From TST (Kowloon) to Disneyland Hong Kong
1) Take the Tsuen Wan line (Red), conveniently along this line are stations for some of the main areas in Kowloon: Tsim Sha Tsui, Jordan, Mong Kok
2) Change to the Tung Chung Line (yellow) at Lai King
3) Change to the Disneyland Resort Line (pink) at Sunny Bay.
4) Arrive at the Disneyland Hong Kong Resort Station.
The MTR Disneyland Resort Line
The Disneyland Resort Line is a dedicated route for Park visitors,
and the fun will begin even before you get to the park.
Just look at the kids' faces lit up when they see the train approaching at Sunny Bay... the world's most famous pair of ears everywhere you look, signaling
that your magic journey is about to begin... Yes, Mickey Ear windows...
Mickey Ear holders... and more...
The train journey from Sunny Bay is only a few minutes long, but long enough to get "the kids" pumped up about what is to come!
NEW! Easy and Scenic: With The Star Ferry (temporarily suspended)
The Star Ferry brings you now to Disneyland! The Ferry departs from the Tsim Sha Tsui Star Ferry Pier and arrive at the Disneyland Resort Pier. The ride takes 45 minutes. The return ride takes longer (approx. 70 minutes) since it takes you through the scenic route passing along the Tsing Ma bridge and the port container terminal.
This is NOT a continuous service, there are only TWO sailings per day, one catering the Hong Kong visitors heading to Disneyland and the other one catering the Disneyland resort visitors heading into town for the day:
- From Tsim Sha Tsui Star Ferry Pier to the Hong Kong Disneyland Pier: 11:00am and 5:15pm (45 min)
- From the Hong Kong Disneyland Pier to Tsim Sha Tsui Star Ferry Pier: 12:00pm and 6:15pm (70 min)
Round Trip tickets cost:
- Adults HK180
- Children (3-12) Seniors +65 HK160
Tickets are sold on day of departure at the Water Tour Star Ferry Ticket Counter on a first-come-first-served basis. Cash only.
You can buy discount tickets online in advance via klook.com:
The Disneyland Resort Pier is next to the Disneyland Hotel and a short 8 minute walk on the Park Promenade to the Park Entrance. Or if you prefer, take the free shuttle from the hotel. See the map here.
Easier And Convenient: Taxi and Private Transfers
Door to door convenience but you don't get the MTR "Mickey Ear" treatment...
Getting there by taxi: A Taxi to Disneyland from Central costs approximately HK 240 (US$31) and from Tsim Sha Tsui HK 180 (US$23) depending on traffic conditions and
your exact location.
Private one-way transfers per vehicle from your hotel to Disneyland cost US$51 from Kowloon and US$57 from Hong Kong Island.
This is a great option if you have a small group as the transfer price is per vehicle which accomodates up to 6 people. For round-trip transfers
you need to book two packages.
Easiest: Hotel Pick Up and Skip-The-Line Admission to Park
Hassle-Free Pre-Arranged Disneyland Transfer includes Hotel pick up in the morning and transfer to Hong Kong Disneyland
via deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach. Tickets to the park are included so you get to skip the line at the ticket counter.
Return is via MTR (in the cute Disney cars) whenever you please, this gives you maximum flexibility since you
don't have a pre-arranged return time. What could be easier?
About Disney Land Hong Kong Tickets
How much are Disney Hong Kong tickets?
There are One-Day and Two-Day Disney Tickets, all attractions within the park are included in the cost of the ticket.
If you are planning to visit a second day, the 2-day ticket is worth buying, it does not have to be used in consecutive days but both
visits must be within 7 days.
Disney Land Hong Kong Admission Tickets
| Adult (12-64) || HK 639 || HK 825|
|Child (3-11)|| HK 475|| HK 609|
|Senior (65 and over)|| HK100|| HK170|
Tickets can be purchased online and this could save you the line at the gate which during the busiest times can be long.
Can you get Discounts for Disney Land Hong Kong tickets?
- Buying your tickets from any CTS (China Travel Service) office will score you some savings for adult and children tickets.
We have gotten tickets at the CTS at the Airport (there is a counter at the Arrivals Hall) Discounts for adult and children tickets at that time were roughly 15% off
the regular rate. There was no discount for Seniors but the concessionary rate is already discounted.
Tickets must be paid for in cash. There are a number of CTS offices throughout Hong Kong where you can get discounts on this and many
other attractions. We also got some good discounts for our Ocean Park Tickets through CTS.
The discounts vary throughout the year depending on the season, during the busiest times, i.e. Christmas or Chinese New Year, the discount may be
only a couple of dollars so it may or may not be worth it.
- Another way to score discounts for Disney Tickets is through Klook.com a consolidator of transportation
and attraction tickets. You can present either a printed or an electronic voucher for this activity or simply redeem your voucher
at the "Magic Ticket" Machines at the entrance of the park, skipping the lines at the park's ticket counter. We have been using this method which is extremely convenient.
Discount ticket prices are as follows:
Special Holiday Events
The magical land transforms during special times of the year according to the celebration, Disneyland goes all out to join in the fun and cheer
of the season.
These are some of the main celebrations held throughout the year:
2nd half of September
through October 31
2nd half of November
through New Year's
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund