For those looking for an Ocean Park hotel, there is still no option for staying within the park itself like at Hong Kong Disneyland.
However, there are a few options you can consider which are very convenient to Ocean Park either within walking distance to the park, one short MTR station away or a free
shuttle that will whisk you to the roller coasters and world-class aquariums in minutes.
With the opening of the MTR South Island line in late 2016, this area has become much more attractive to visitors. Now, instead of a 30-minute bus ride, you are looking at a 4-minute train ride.
- Hotel rates in this area are lower than what you will find in the city for similar accomodations (this migth change now that the MTR line has opened)...
- The area offers a more relaxed atmosphere than the melee of the city...
- This is a convenient base for exploring the southern side of Hong Kong Island, with easy and inexpensive bus connections:
In the works is a six-storey 471-room Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel expected to open in 2019,
which will be located at the resort's main entrance.
A central courtyard will include a themed lagoon, children's play area and outdoor dining.
Another hotel to be built in the Summit side of Tai Shue Wan, The Fullerton Hotel @ Ocean Park,
is expected to break ground in 2017 and be completed and open to the public in 2020. This full-scale resort will complement
the forthcoming Water World, a humongous Water Park Complex which will feature indoor and outdoor facilities,
man-made beaches, multiple
water slides and wave pools, entertainment stages, and the world's longest leisure river.
Together with the opening of the MTR South Island Line, there is much to look forward to as Ocean Park keeps transforming itself, but for
now, visitors wishing to stay near the park, will have to do with these options:
With a trendy retro style, "the iconic new Ovolo is a masterpiece of contemporary
art and industrial edge in Hong Kong's first warehouse conversion hotel."
Rooms are small but what they lack in size, they make up with plenty of ammenities...
really, this hotel has perks galore, from free happy hours to apple TVs...
And the location? Just a short walk to Ocean Park
- Walking distance to Ocean Park
- There are no family rooms, but there are 9 Corner Deluxe rooms with sofa beds which can accomodate up to 4 (2 Adult, 2 Children)
- FREE Mini-bar which is replenished daily
- All-day complimentary gourmet coffee and snacks
- Free happy hour every day from 5pm to 7pm
- Free WiFi
- Free self-laundry facility
- Apple TV's and 3D SmartTVs with free 3D movie rental and glasses
- Easy access to the city with MTR, station is only a 3-minute walk from the hotel. Trains take 4 minutes to Ocean Park, 8 minutes to Central
Address: 64 Wong Chuk Hang Road
L'Hotel Island South
A bit further up the road from Ovolo, and perhaps a bit too much to walk to Ocean Park, you find L'Hotel Island South.
The hotel has a free shuttle every 30 minutes with stops at the park and Hong Kong Station.
Rooms are larger for Hong Kong standards and there are family rooms available that accomodate four.
- Free shuttle to Ocean Park and Hong Kong Station
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Baby-sitting services
- Larger rooms
- Free WiFi
- Easy access to the city with MTR, station is only a 7-minute walk from the hotel. Trains take 4 minutes to Ocean Park, 8 minutes to Central
Address: 55 Wong Chuk Hang Road
L'Hotel Island South:
Ocean Park Vacation Rentals
Consider an apartment or vacation rental near Ocean Park. This is a great option for families or larger groups if you are staying
for a few nights. It is quite convenient having a little
extra space and a kitchen for quick meals or snacks and it can also save you some money.
How to look for vacation rentals near Ocean Park?
You can look for available vacation rentals at TripAdvisor here
- Enter the dates of your travel, number of people, etc.
- To find any rentals near Ocean Park, click on the map on the right
- This will open a map with all the rentals available in Hong Kong during your visit. To find one near the park, type "Ocean Park" in the "Search by address
or point of interest" box on the top left:
The little green dots represent all rentals available for your dates. If none are available near the park, consider also the areas near Happy Valley or Wanchai which
are convenient to Ocean Park and also to the center of the city.
Hong Kong Hotels Quick Links
Discount Tickets on Most Popular Attractions
Hong Kong Staycation Hot Deals
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions in Hong Kong
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund