The best hotels in Hong Kong for enjoying the fireworks have commanding views of Victoria Harbour and you find them on both the Kowloon and Hong Kong Island sides.
If you happen to be in town when one of these legendary displays are on, planning your stay in advance is highly advisable as the city runs at full capacity, and specially if your aim is to have the fireworks in view from your hotel.
Avoiding the crowds as you enjoy one of these mesmerizing events from the comfort of your own room, champagne glass in hand, is bound to be one of the highlights of your trip, which goes without saying, will come with a price...
Keep in mind that fireworks displays always happen during the most popular times for visitors in Hong Kong:
You can expect hotel rates to skyrocket at these times. For the best deals and choices try to book as early as possible. When booking, be sure to reserve a Harbour View room if your aim is to enjoy the fireworks from the comfort of your room.
Which side is best?
Fireworks are launched:
From the top of buildings on BOTH sides of the Harbour:
But the major pyrotechnical wonders shoot mainly from barges set up in the middle of Victoria Harbour
The views will be splendid from either side.
It does not make much difference which side you are on, with the only exception being on New Year's Eve, when the focal point of the Countdown is typically displayed on the Hong Kong Convention Center at the Hong Kong Island side (so best views will be from the Kowloon side).
Personally, we love to watch from the Kowloon side with the gorgeous Hong Kong Island Skyline in the background, but really, the fireworks are the show-stealers during these occasions and they can be equally enjoyed from both sides.
Hotels With Top Hong Kong Fireworks Views On The Kowloon Side
Hotel Intercontinental Hong Kong
- This hotel has some of the most spectacular views of the Harbour and the Hong Kong Island skyline. It commands a fantastic location for viewing fireworks, specially for the New Year's Eve fireworks where the focal point is on the Hong Kong Convention Center.
- Two-thirds of the rooms including 87 suites at the Intercontinental overlook the Harbour.
- While you're splurging, go all the way and book one of their signature Suites which feature their own terrace and jacuzzi for the ultimate fireworks bliss experience.
- More options at the Intercontinental for fireworks viewing include the stunning Lobby Lounge with its floor to ceiling windows, and
- Fantastic dinning options: Two-Star Yan To Heen offering Cantonese cuisine, RECH by Alain Ducasse and The Steak House, all three
with stunning views of the Harbour.
- Beware: A lot of construction going on next door at the moment.
Hotel Intercontinental Hong Kong:
18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
- The Pen is the legendary "Grande Dame of the Far East" and oldest hotel in Hong Kong.
- Located in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, the hotel consists of two buildings, the old original structure and the newer tower.
- Harbour View rooms and Suites are located on Floors 17 - 27 of The Peninsula Tower and as expected, enjoy full unobstructed breathtaking views over Victoria Harbour and the city skyline of Hong Kong Island
- For the ultimate in Peninsula decadence, book The Peninsula Suite, which sits on top of The Peninsula Tower. Enjoy the fireworks from the double-height living room with floor-to-ceiling windows or the exclusive landscaped terrace and entertain at its fantastic 10-seat dining room
- More options at The Pen for fireworks viewing include its signature restaurant Felix (Modern European) on the 28th floor of the Peninsula Tower
Salibury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong
- Ritz Carlton Hong Kong is the world's highest hotel. Located between the 102nd and 118th floors of the ICC building, the tallest skyscraper in Hong Kong, you will be literally eye to eye with the fireworks.
- The incredible views and panoramic surroundings can be enjoyed with telescopes provided in all guest rooms
- Ozone on the 118th floor is the world's highest bar, also with fantastic harbour views
- The Lounge and Bar on the 102nd Floor is also a top choice for fireworks viewing.
The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong:
International Commerce Centre, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon West, Hong Kong
Marco Polo HongKong
- Fantastic location in Harbour City, harbour view rooms and suites offer exhilarating views of the world's most dramatic waterfront.
- The Continental Club Rooms and Suites are located on the 17th and 18th Floors and provide access to the Continental Lounge, which offers that drop-dead view for watching the fireworks amongst the many other privileges.
- More options at the Marco Polo for fireworks viewing include Cucina, which offers authentic Italian cuisine against a backdrop of the spectacular Victoria Harbour, complete with a stylish bar as well as a cosy terrace for fantastic outdoor seating.
- Guests of Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel may enjoy complimentary access to the Viewing Platform on Level 6 to watch the dazzling fireworks display over Victoria Harbour.
Marco Polo Hotel HongKong:
No. 3 Canton Road, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui
The Kowloon Shangri-La
- On the Waterfront in Tsim Sha Tsui East, you can watch the fireworks from the Kowloon Shangri La's splendid rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Avoid the rooms that have only partial side harbour views as they face the opposite direction from where the fireworks are lit.
- All Horizon Club Rooms and all Suites have access to the Horizon Club Lounge on the 20th and 21st Floors where you can also view the fireworks.
- Angelini is the hotel's stylish Italian restaurant in a down-to-earth and informal atmosphere in the Mezzanine level, with drop-dead gorgeous views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong's skyline.
The Kowloon Shangri-La:
64 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Yes, that's right! A YMCA with killer views!
- There are rooms with partial and full harbour views. Highly recommend the full harbour view, the price difference is not that much.
- Harbour view suites are also available and they accomodate up to 4, a great option for families.
- Besides the fanstastic view, this YMCA enjoys one of the best locations in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, steps from the MTR and Star Ferry, making it one of the best value options for viewing the fireworks.
41 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
Hotel Panorama by Rhombus
- The Panorama despite not being at the waterfront offers fantastic harbour views from the rooms and suites in the higher floors with their floor to ceiling windows.
- Harbour view rooms are located in floors 16 to 22. Club Harbourview rooms offer stunning panoramic views and are located on floors 23 to 30.
- Harbour view Gold family rooms are also available and they accomodate up to 4, a great option for families.
- Executive Club Harbourview Rooms and Suites on floors 31 - 37 have private lift access.
- Open to all guests is Sky Garden, the hotel's rooftop bar with fantastic views of the harbour and the fireworks from the 40th Floor.
Hotel Panorama by Rhombus:
8A Hart Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui
Hotels With Top Hong Kong Fireworks Views On The Island Side
The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
- Located along the prime waterfront of Hong Kong Island, rooms and suites at the Grand Hyatt offer fantastic fireworks views.
- 180-degree views of Victoria Harbour from the suites, found on floors 12 to 19.
- Grand Suite guests also enjoy access to the Grand Club Lounge, the luxurious two-storey living space with dramatic panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows... and all-day free-flowing champagne.
The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong:
No. 1 Harbour Road, Hong Kong
Gloucester Hong Kong
- This is a small boutique hotel with a prime location in Wanchai/Causeway Bay. The Gloucester features 55 guest rooms and suites each featuring a complete panoramic view of Hong Kong's world famous Victoria Harbour.
- Luxury Rooms occupy Floors 11 to 16.
- Deluxe Rooms are found on Floors 17 - 28.
- For roomier accomodations, book a Cosmopolitan Room or Suite.
The Gloucester Hong Kong:
218 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
The Park Lane Hong Kong - a Pullmann Hotel
- Located in Causeway Bay, this hotel offers breathtaking views of the city landscape, Victoria Park and the Harbour.
- The roof-top bar has incredible views and is a fantastic venue to enjoy the fireworks.
- Beware: Some construction going on as facilities are being upgraded.
The Park Lane Hong Kong:
310 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay
Harbour Grand Hong Kong
- Beacuse of its location in North Point, this hotel is particularly positioned to capture views from both the Kowloon and Hong Kong Island skylines and the firework action in the middle of Victoria Harbour.
- For the ultimate splurge, book a Harbour View Room or Suite with your own open-air patio and soak in your secluded outdoor Jacuzzi as fireworks light up the skies.
- Seven Harbour Club floors with access to the Executive Lounge on the top floor of the hotel for the ultimate bird's eye view of the city.
- Beware: Some construction going on next door.
The Harbour Grand Hong Kong:
No.23 Oil Street, North Point
In addition to the above hotels, do consider any of our top pick Luxury Hotels in Hong Kong, which will ALL have splendid views of the fireworks and are also included in the map above.
Here's also a guide for the best free vantage points and tips for enjoying the fireworks!
Hong Kong Hotels Quick Links
Hot offers and discount tickets
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions