There is no shortage of outstanding hotels in Hong Kong to welcome the New Year in style. New Year's Eve and the holiday period is typically one of the busiest times of the year for Hong Kong hotels, and as pandemic measures are being eased we are seeing many of the iconic New Year's events return.
There will be plenty of parties, banquets, toasts and celebrations at the hotels and a wide variety of themes and styles. You can expect hotel rates to skyrocket during the holiday season. For the best deals and choices try to book as early as possible.
If your aim is to have the fireworks in view from the comfort of your own room, be sure to reserve a Harbour View room.
Here are some top hotels in Hong Kong, they are not only top choices to stay, they will certainly go all out this New Year's Eve, here are the offerings they bring!
New Year's Celebrations at the Peninsula Hong Kong
The Pen is the legendary "Grande Dame of the Far East" and oldest hotel in Hong Kong. Located in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui this hotel is perfectly situated for taking in the Holiday lights and the magnificent fireworks at midnight. Service at the Peninsula is over the top, and come holiday time, it won't dissapoint.
This year, the hotel continues on from last year's Journey aboard the Peninsula Express, taking on special holiday inspiration from the golden age of railway travel which sees the Lobby transformed into the Grand Salisbury Station... Guests will be transported back to the grand era of steam locomotives and railway adventures and embark on a delightful itinerary of sumptuous meals, family activities, and festive events.
To welcome 2024, the Peninsula's restaurants will be celebrating with special menus, live entertainment and countdowns to the New Year. Dress is Black Tie / Dark Suit.
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at The Lobby, countdown to the New Year with live band from Harmony Production - HK$4,088
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Chesa, countdown to the New Year with live band from Harmony Production - HK$3,138
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner Buffet at The Verandah, countdown to the New Year with live band from Harmony Production - HK$2,788 adults, HK$1,788 children under 12
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Felix, countdown to the New Year and afterparty with international guest DJ Surge and the live band from Indigo Town - HK$4,688
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Spring Moon, countdown to the New Year with live band from Harmony Production - HK$3,688
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Gaddi's, countdown to the New Year with live band from Harmony Production - HK$5,188
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Imasa, countdown to the New Year with live band from Harmony Production - HK$3,688
All prices subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation is required.
›› More Info Festive Season 2023 at the Peninsula
›› Stay at the Pen, reserve a harbourview room or suite!
New Year's at Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
The Mandarin is one of Hong Kong's legendary icons which opened in the early '60s. It enjoys that perfect location in the Central Business District just steps from many of the fantastic holiday displays and lights on the Hong Kong Island side.
To welcome 2024, in-house guests at the Mandarin enjoy free access to the exclusive Mandarin Club, located on the 23rd floor of the hotel with over 6,200 square feet of space with unobstructed views of Victoria Harbour and the fireworks. From 11:30 pm onwards, The Mandarin Club will provide free-flow champagne, house wines, beer and soft drinks as well as canapés with dazzling live entertainment for the exciting countdown moment. Dining guests can enjoy access to The Mandarin Club at an additional charge of HKD888
The Mandarin Oriental will certainly offer an unforgettable celebration of holiday cheer and festive glamour. Their inspired festive menus offer traditional favourites alongside innovative treats, all prepared and served by an award-winning team.
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet at The Clipper Lounge - HK$1,588, child HK$688
- New Year's Eve 4-Course Set Dinner at Causette - HK$988, child HK$618
- New Year's Eve Dinner Roast at Mandarin Grill - HK$2,888, child HK$1,988
- New Year's Eve 6-Course Dinner at Man Wah - HK$2,988 and a la carte
- New Year's Eve North Indian Feast Dinner at The Chinnery - HK$1,288
- New Year's Eve a la Carte at The Aubrey
- New Year's Eve Party at The Aubrey - HK$888
- Plenty of happenings on New Year's Day including Brunch Buffets, Afternoon Teas and Dinner Buffets, New Year's Day Roast, etc.
All prices subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation and prepayment required for most.
›› More Info 2023 Festive Season at Mandarin Oriental
›› Stay at the Mandarin Oriental, find best rates now!
New Year's Celebrations at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong
The Harbour Grand's location in North Point in Hong Kong Island boasts a 270-degree view of the Victoria Harbour skyline. You will enjoy magnificent views and should fireworks go ahead for New Year's Eve this year, you will find yourself in one of Hong Kong's top locations.
The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from Fortress Hill MTR station and within easy reach to/from anywhere.
A magical festive season begins once guests step into the splendid lobby of Harbour Grand Hong Kong and its signature sparkling Swarovski chandelier.
Surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides, Le 188° Restaurant & Lounge offers a 188-degree harbour view from the very top of the hotel which is one of the best spots to enjoy the coolest moments of the year while savouring festive delights. The open terrace provide fabulous harbour and city views and the spectacular fireworks. On New Year's Eve, there will be a live band music performance to enhance the festive ambience.
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet at Harbour Grand Cafe, a luxurious feast with all the traditional treats. From HK$1,030 per adult and HK$720 per child.
- New Year's Eve 6-course set dinner at Le 188°, the Harbour Grand's signature restaurant which is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides - HK 2,516 per person
- New Year's Eve Champagne and Tapas at Le 188°, - HK 1,856 per person
Book early for 20% discount. All prices are subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation is required.
›› Harbour Grand New Year's Eve 2023
›› Stay at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong, find best rates!
The Four Seasons Hong Kong Festive Season 2023
The Four Seasons enjoys a fantastic and convenient location in the heart of Central with some of the most striking views facing the harbour. It is connected to the IFC Mall with easy access to shopping and the main transport links: MTR Central station, Airport Express, Star Ferry, Macau Ferry, Ding Ding Trams.
Ring in 2024 with a decadent caviar and wine celebration at Caprice Bar. The bar boasts magnifcent views of the Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong skyline.
The perfect venue for a countdown.
Also on offer is an eight-course dinner menu at Caprice which promises an exclusive feast for the senses. For families opting to gather over exquisite Cantonese fare, Lung King Heen's nine-course dinner menu is ideal for all palates and preferences.
At Argo, you can welcome the New Year at the bold new bar with future-forward cocktails and pumping DJ beats.
For the little ones, many fun festive family activities in the hotel are planned including Little Chefs cooking classes and kid-friendly arts and crafts.
- Caviar and wine countdown celebration at Caprice Bar - Table for 2 $10,000, table for 8 HK$40,000
- Caprice New Year's Eve 6-course Dinner - HK$4,500
- Lung King Heen New Year's Eve 9-course Dinner - HK$3,380, kids 7-course dinner HK$1,680
- Argo New Year'a Eve Countdown Party with live DJ performance and bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne - HK$4,300 for 2
- The Lounge New Year's Eve 5-course Dinner with Dessert Buffet - HK$1,888
- New Year's Eve Countdown Party at the Pool Terrace - Minimum charge $5,000 per table (2 - 4 guests), HK$7,000 per table (4 - 6 guests)
All prices subject to 10% service charge.
›› More Info Four Seasons Hong Kong New Year's Eve 2024
›› Stay at the Four Seasons, find best rates
New Year's Celebrations at the Ritz Carlton
Ritz Carlton Hong Kong is the world's highest hotel. Located between the 102nd and 118th floors of the ICC building, the tallest skyscraper in Hong Kong, it offers incredible views and panoramic surroundings of all the holiday glitz that envelopes the harbour this time of the year. Goes without saying, you will have a front row seat to the fireworks from many of the Ritz Carlton restaurants and venues.
New Year's Eve Dinner offerings at the Hotel's venues: Michelin starred Tin Lung Heen and Tosca, and many options from Buffet lunches, afternoon tea to 8-course Set Dinners.
- Ozone New Year's Eve Countdown Party - HK$698, HK$598 early bird, incl glass of Champagne
- Tin Lung Heen New Year's Eve 6-Course Set Dinner with glass of Dom Pérignon - HK$2,938
- Tosca di Angelo New Year's Eve 8-Course Set Dinner with live entertainment - HK$3,488
- Plenty of happenings on New Year's Day including Festive Afternoon Tea, New Year's Day Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Buffets, New Year's Day Set Lunch, etc.
All prices plus 10% service.
›› More Info Ritz-Carlton 2023 Festive Season
›› Stay at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, find best rates
New Year's Celebrations at the Marco Polo
The Marco Polo offers a fantastic location in Harbour City, Hong Kong's largest shopping center of legendary Christmas displays fame. The hotel also offers superb views of the world's most dramatic waterfront and is one of our top picks whenever fireworks are on the schedule.
The Holiday 2023 festive programme includes Italian celebrations at Cucina, Lunch and Dinner Buffets at Cafe Marco, and festive lunches and dinners at the Lobby Lounge.
- New Year's Eve 6-course Italian Set Dinner at Cucina - HK$1,688 per person
- New Year's Eve Brunch at Cucina - Adult HK$698, Child HK$448 child
- New Year's Eve Midnight Celebration at Cucina with Free-flow Champagne, Prosecco, white wine, red wine, beer and soft drinks, with Christmas rock Live DJ performance - HK$800 per person
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet at Cafe Marco - from HK$688-HK$808 adults, HK$648-HK$778 seniors, HK$438-HK$568 children
- Semi-Buffet Lunch at Lobby Lounge - HK$448
›› Festive Season 2023 at Marco Polo
›› Stay at the Marco Polo, find best rates now!
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions in Hong Kong
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund