There is no shortage of outstanding hotels in Hong Kong to welcome the New Year in style. New Year's Eve and the holiday period is typically one of the busiest times of the year for Hong Kong hotels, and as pandemic measures are being eased we are seeing many of the iconic New Year's events return.
This year it is still uncertain whether Hong Kong's legendary New Year's Eve Fireworks display in Victoria Harbour will go ahead, but fireworks or no fireworks, these hotels will certainly go all out with Gala dinners, live music and dancing, free-flowing bubbly and of course the countdown to welcome 2023.
The availability of live entertainment during the festive period is subject to the social distancing measures by the Government.
New Year's Celebrations at the Peninsula Hong Kong
The Pen is the legendary "Grande Dame of the Far East" and oldest hotel in Hong Kong. Located in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui this hotel is perfectly situated for taking in the Holiday lights and the magnificent fireworks at midnight. Service at the Peninsula is over the top, and come holiday time, it won't dissapoint.
To welcome 2023, the Peninsula's restaurants will be celebrating with special menus, live entertainment and countdowns to the New Year. Dress is Black Tie / Dark Suit.
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at The Lobby, countdown to the New Year with live band from Harmony Production - HK$3,888
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Chesa, countdown with live band from Harmony Production - HK$2,988
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner Buffet at The Verandah - HK$2,688 adults, HK$1,688 children under 12
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Felix, countdown to the New Year with Felix's Band - HK$4,488
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Spring Moon, countdown to the New Year with the Spring Moon Band - HK$3,188
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Gaddi's, countdown to the New Year with live band from Harmony Production - HK$4,988
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Imasa, countdown to the New Year with live band from Harmony Production - HK$3,588
All prices subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation is required.
›› More Info Festive Season 2022 at the Peninsula
›› Stay at the Pen, reserve a harbourview room or suite!
New Year's at Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong - 2022 TBA
The Mandarin is one of Hong Kong's legendary icons which opened in the early '60s. It enjoys that perfect location in the Central Business District and just steps from Statue Square where the city's Winterfest centrepiece stands every year.
The Mandarin Oriental will certainly offer an unforgettable celebration of holiday cheer and festive glamour. Their inspired festive menus offer traditional favourites alongside innovative treats, all prepared and
served by an award-winning team.
To toast the holiday season with a touch of magic, Captain's Bar will offer a selection of festive cocktails and delectable treats for guests to celebrate New Year's Eve in style.
- New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Lunch and Dinner options at selected Mandarin Oriental Restaurants: Clipper Lounge, Mandarin Grill + Bar, The Krug Room, The Chinnery - many options from Buffet Dinners, 3-5-course Dinners with free-flow champgane options.
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet at The Clipper Lounge - HK$1,288, child HK$588
- New Year's Eve 4-Course Set Dinner at Causette - HK$988, child HK$618
- New Year's Eve Dinner Roast at Mandarin Grill - HK$2,888, child HK$1,988
- New Year's Eve 6-Course Dinner at Man Wah - HK$3,388 and a la carte
- New Year's Eve North Indian Feast Dinner at The Chinnery - HK$1,288
- New Year's Eve a la Carte at The Aubrey - Minimum spending HK1,288 per person
- Plenty of happenings on New Year's Day including Brunch Buffets, Afternoon Teas and Dinner Buffets, New Year's Day Roast, etc.
All prices subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation and prepayment required for most.
›› More Info 2022-23 Festive Season at Mandarin Oriental
›› Stay at the Mandarin Oriental, find best rates now!
New Year's Celebrations at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong
The Harbour Grand's location in North Point in Hong Kong Island boasts a 270-degree view of the Victoria Harbour skyline. You will enjoy magnificent views and should fireworks go ahead for New Year's Eve this year, you will find yourself in one of Hong Kong's top locations.
The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from Fortress Hill MTR station and within easy reach to/from anywhere.
A magical festive season begins once guests step into the splendid lobby of Harbour Grand Hong Kong and its signature sparkling Swarovski chandelier.
On New Year's Eve, Skyline Pavilion at the rooftop is the best vantage point to embrace the magnificent harbourview and when there is a Fireworks display (NYE 2023 Fireworks have not yet been announced) it is exclusively open for all in-house registered guests and diners to enjoy the spectacular show to welcome the new year.
Surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides, Le 188° Restaurant & Lounge offers a 188-degree harbour view from the very top of the hotel which is one of the best spots to enjoy the coolest moments of the year while savouring festive delights. The open terrace provide fabulous harbour and city views.
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet at Harbour Grand Cafe, a luxurious feast with all the traditional treats. From HK$987 per adult and HK$690 per child.
- New Year's Eve 6-course set dinner at Le 188°, the Harbour Grand's signature restaurant which is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides - HK 2,516 per person
- New Year's Eve Champagne and Tapas at Le 188°, - HK 1,856 per person
Book early for 20% discount. All prices are subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation is required.
›› Harbour Grand New Year's Eve 2023
›› Stay at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong, find best rates!
The Four Seasons Hong Kong Festive Season 2022
The Four Seasons enjoys a fantastic and convenient location in the heart of Central with some of the most striking views facing the harbour. It is connected to the IFC Mall with easy access to shopping and the main transport links: MTR Central station, Airport Express, Star Ferry, Macau Ferry, Ding Ding Trams.
Ring in 2023 with a decadent caviar and wine celebration at Caprice Bar. The bar boasts magnifcent views of the Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong skyline.
The perfect venue for a countdown.
Also on offer is an eight-course dinner menu at Caprice which promises an exclusive feast for the senses. For families opting to gather over exquisite Cantonese fare, Lung King Heen's nine-course dinner menu is ideal for all palates and preferences.
At Argo, you can welcome the New Year at the bold new bar with future-forward cocktails and pumping DJ beats.
For the little ones, many fun festive family activities in the hotel are planned including Little Chefs cooking classes and kid-friendly arts and crafts.
- Caviar and wine countdown celebration at Caprice Bar - Minimum charge per table starts from $10,000
- Caprice New Year's Eve Dinner - HK$5,880
- Lung King Heen New Year's Eve dinner (vegetarian available) - HK$2,880, kids HK$1,388
- Argo New Year'a Eve Countdown Party with live DJ performance - HK$1,320 in advance, HK$1,650 at the door
- New Year's Eve Countdown Party at the Pool Terrace - Minimum charge $1,000 per person
All prices subject to 10% service charge.
›› More Info and Reservations Four Seasons Hong Kong Festive Season 2022
›› Stay at the Four Seasons, find best rates
New Year's Celebrations at the Ritz Carlton
Ritz Carlton Hong Kong is the world's highest hotel. Located between the 102nd and 118th floors of the ICC building, the tallest skyscraper in Hong Kong, it offers incredible views and panoramic surroundings of all the holiday glitz that envelopes the harbour this time of the year. Goes without saying, you will have a front row seat to the fireworks if they go ahead this year, from many of the Ritz Carlton restaurants and venues.
New Year's Eve Dinner offerings at all the Hotel's venues: Tin Lung Heen, Lounge & Bar, Tosca, Cafe 103 - many options from Buffet Dinners to 6-course Set Dinners Select the second seating for Countdown celebrations!
- Ozone New Year's Eve Countdown Party - HK$598, HK$498 early bird, incl glass of Veuve Clicquot Champagne, tables available upon booking bottle packages from HK$4,288
- Ozone New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet with free-flow Veuvet Clicquot - HK$1,568 +, child HK$628
- Tin Lung Heen New Year's Eve 6-Course Set Dinner with glass of Dom Pérignon - HK$2,688
- Tosca di Angelo New Year's Eve 8-Course Set Dinner with live entertainment - HK$3,080
- The Lounge & Bar New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet with free-flow Veuve Clicquot - first seating HK$1,688, child 3-12 HK$888, child 13-17 HK$1,388 - 2nd seating HK$2,348, child 3-12 HK$988 child 13-17 HK$2,048
- Cafe 103 New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet with free-flow Veuve Clicquot Champagne - first seating HK$1,888, child HK$888, 2nd seating HK$1,988, child HK$888
- Plenty of happenings on New Year's Day including Steiff Teddy Bear Festive Afternoon Tea, New Year's Day Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Buffets, New Year's Day Set Lunch, etc.
All prices plus 10% service.
›› More Info Ritz-Carlton 2022 Festive Season
›› Stay at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, find best rates
New Year's Celebrations at the Marco Polo
The Marco Polo offers a fantastic location in Harbour City, Hong Kong's largest shopping center of legendary Christmas displays fame. The hotel also offers superb views of the world's most dramatic waterfront and is one of our top picks whenever fireworks are on the schedule.
The Holiday 2022 festive programme includes Italian celebrations at Cucina, Lunch and Dinner Buffets at Cafe Marco, and festive lunches and dinners at the Lobby Lounge.
- New Year's Eve 6-course Italian Set Dinner at Cucina with glass of champagne - HK$2,388 per person
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet at Cafe Marco - from HK798 adults, HK748 seniors, HK548 children
- New Year's Eve 4-course Dinner at Lobby Lounge - HK$668
›› A Cheerful Christmas 2022 at Marco Polo
›› Stay at the Marco Polo, find best rates now!
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund