There is no shortage of outstanding hotels in Hong Kong to welcome the New Year in style. Whether you want to party the night away or just enjoy the magnificent fireworks display from the comfort of your own room, there are plenty of options to choose from.
There will be plenty of parties, banquets, toasts and celebrations at the hotels and a wide variety of themes and styles. You can expect hotel rates to skyrocket during the holiday season. For the best deals and choices try to book as early as possible.
If your aim is to have the fireworks in view from the comfort of your own room, be sure to reserve a Harbour View room.
Here are some top hotels in Hong Kong, they are not only top choices to stay, they will certainly go all out this New Year's Eve, here are the offerings they bring!
New Year's at Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
The Mandarin is one of Hong Kong's legendary icons which opened in the early '60s. It enjoys that perfect location in the Central Business District and just steps from Statue Square where the city's Winterfest centrepiece stands every year.
The Mandarin Oriental will certainly offer an unforgettable celebration of holiday cheer and festive glamour. Their inspired festive menus offer traditional favourites alongside innovative treats, all prepared and
served by an award-winning team.
Ring in 2020 at the Mandarin Oriental's New Year's Eve party at the M Bar. Celebrate with a live DJ performance, breathtaking views, and sip bubbles as the city sky lights up with Hong Kong's famous fireworks display.
- Mandarin Oriental's New Year's Eve Countdown Party at M Bar - 10:00 pm onwards, HK$688 includes glass of Dom Pérignon
- New Year's Eve Dinner options at all Mandarin Oriental Restaurants: Clipper Lounge, Pierre, Mandarin Grill + Bar, Man Wah - many options from Buffet Dinners, 5- and 6-course Dinner inclusive of Dom Pérignon - from HK$1,488 - HK$4,888 adults, HK$528 children.
- Plenty of happenings on New Year's Day including Brunch Buffets, Afternoon Teas and Dinner Buffets, New Year's Day Roast, 5-course lunches and dinners
All prices subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation and prepayment required for most.
›› More Info 2019-2020 Festive Season at Mandarin Oriental
›› Stay at the Mandarin Oriental, find best rates now!
New Year's Celebrations at the Ritz Carlton
Ritz Carlton Hong Kong is the world's highest hotel. Located between the 102nd and 118th floors of the ICC building, the tallest skyscraper in Hong Kong, it offers incredible views and panoramic surroundings of all the holiday glitz that envelopes the harbour this time of the year. Goes without saying, you will have a front row seat to the fireworks from many of the Ritz Carlton restaurants and venues.
- "OOH LA LA" New Year's Eve Party at Ozone: Enjoy the thrill and excitement as Harold Zidler invites you into the glamor of his infamous Moulin Rouge. Expect stunning vocal and dance performances from an eclectic cast of striking characters as they lead you through to the ultimate countdown to 2020. Feel on the top of the world this New Year's Eve at the highest bar in the world. HK&890, HK$790 (early bird) includes a glass of Dom Pérignon Champagne
- New Year's Eve Dinner offerings at all the Hotel's venues: Tin Lung Heen, Lounge & Bar, Tosca, Cafe 103 - many options from Buffet Dinners to 8-course Set Dinners from HK$1,688 - HK$3,280 per adult including free-flowing Champagne, children pricing available. Select the second seating for Countdown celebrations
All prices plus 10% service.
›› More Info Ritz-Carlton 2019 Festive Season
›› Stay at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, find best rates
Festive Season at the Upper House
Upper House is part of the "House Collection" of Swire Hotels, a handful of uniquely designed small luxury properties that strive to provide a distinctive and highly individualised experience. The hotel is located above Pacific Place, you have fantastic views and easy access to world-class shopping and dining, the Admiralty MTR station, and the business district.
Upper House kicks off the celebrations this festive season with an elegant set menu at Café Gray Deluxe and a fabulous new family-style sharing menu where you can cosy-up fireside at the Sky Lounge.
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Café Gray Deluxe, 2019 prices TBA these are last year's:
4-course at HK$1,650 per person (6pm - 8pm)
6-course at HK$2,950 per person (8:30pm - late)
- Wine pairing and vegetarian menu options also available.
All prices subject to 10% service charge.
›› More Info and Reservations www.upperhouse.com/festive
›› Stay at The Upper House, find best rates
New Year's Celebrations at the Intercontinental Hong Kong
InterContinental Hong Kong, with its dramatic Kowloon waterfront location, always provides a spectacular setting for the holidays. Enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views of Hong Kong Island with its kaleidoscope of Christmas lights and New Year's Eve Fireworks, as the dramatic backdrop for holiday dining in the five stylish restaurants and stunning Lobby Lounge.
During the Holidays, the Lobby Lounge offers a dramatic setting for both the start and finish of festive season gatherings with Hong Kong's great jazz artists performing every evening from 9:00pm onwards.
On New Year's Eve, reserve a table for dinner in any of the restaurants, then join the Countdown Party in the Lobby and dance the night away to the music of the "Red Verse" Band with Asia's leading jazz diva, Jennifer Palor.
- New Year's Eve Dinner at the Lobby Lounge, Harbourside, NOBU, The Steakhouse, Yan Toh Heen, Rech by Alain Ducasse - many options from buffet to 8-course Dinners, from HK$1,398 - HK$3,388 per adult, HK$998 - HK$2,888 per child
- The Countdown Party in the Lobby is applicable for Harbourside late seating guests and all other restaurant patrons - with no seating. For non-restaurant patrons, there is a cover charge of HK$788 per person at the door HK$688 at the e-shop, inclusive of a glass of Champagne from 10:00pm onwards
- Lots of offerings on New Year's Day from Brunches, Teas, Lunch and Dinner Buffets, 5-course Dinner, etc.
All prices subject to 10% service charge.
›› More Info 2019 Festive Celebrations at the Intercontinental
›› Stay at the Intercontinental, find best rates this New Year's Eve!
New Year's Celebrations at the Marco Polo
The Marco Polo offers a fantastic location in Harbour City, Hong Kong's largest shopping center of legendary Christmas displays fame. The hotel also offers superb views of the world's most dramatic waterfront and is one of our top picks for the legendary fireworks.
On New Year's Eve, Cucina will be hosting a DJ and live performances from a drumming group, with a free-flow of selected Prosecco, wines, beer, spirits, soft drinks, juices and canapés to usher in a sparkling New Year!
- New Year's Eve Countdown Special at Cucina - HK$650 per person
- New Year's Eve Dinner will be served at the Marco Polo's 3 venues: Cucina, Cafe Marco and the Lobby Lounge - options from Dinner buffet to 6-course set Dinner from HK$568 - HK$2,388 for Adults, HK$348+ for children.
- New Year's Day offerings include Italian Brunches, Tea, Buffet and Set Lunches and Dinner specials
›› More Info on the Marco Polo FB Page
›› 2019 Holiday Season Menu
›› Stay at the Marco Polo, find best rates now!
New Year's Celebrations at the Peninsula Hong Kong
The Pen is the legendary "Grande Dame of the Far East" and oldest hotel in Hong Kong. Located in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui this hotel is perfectly situated for taking in the Holiday lights and the magnificent fireworks at midnight. Service at the Peninsula is over the top, and come holiday time, it won't dissapoint.
The Peninsula's restaurants will be celebrating the New Year with special menus, dancing with Rhythm and Harmony, Gaddy's Band, SensationOn28, and Spring Moon Band, and countdown gala. Dress is Black Tie / Dark Suit.
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at The Lobby, Gaddi's, Felix, Chesa, The Verandah, and Spring Moon - from HK2,388 - HK$4,888
All prices subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation is required.
›› More Info Festive Season 2019-2020 at the Peninsula
›› Stay at the Pen, reserve a harbourview room or suite!
New Year's Celebrations at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong
The Harbour Grand is one of our top hotels for fireworks viewing. Its location in North Point in Hong Kong Island boasts a 270-degree view of the Victoria Harbour skyline. In addition, the hotel is only 5 minutes walk from Fortress Hill MTR station and within easy reach.
On New Year's Eve, Skyline Pavilion at the rooftop is the best vantage point to embrace the magnificent harbourview and Fireworks display and will be exclusively open for all in-house registered guests and diners to enjoy the spectacular fireworks show to welcome the new year.
- New Year's Eve 6-course set dinner with live entertainment at Le 188°, the Harbour Grand's signature restaurant which is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides - HK 2,588 per person
- Champagne Package with canapés at HK$1,588 for 4 persons and HK$768 for 2 persons and Pinot Noir Package with canapés at HK$1,088 for 4 persons will be available at Le 188°
- The festive programme extends to each of the signature restaurants at the Harbour Grand, including the Harbour Grand Café and Kwan Cheuk Heen, with Lunch and Dinner buffet and set dinners on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day starting at HK398 per person.
All prices subject to 10% service charge.
›› Harbour Grand New Year's Eve 2020 Programme
›› Stay at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong, find best rates!
Best of This Holiday Season!
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions