There is no shortage of outstanding hotels in Hong Kong to welcome the New Year in style. New Year's Eve and the holiday period is typically one of the busiest times of the year for Hong Kong Hotels, but this year because of the pandemic, visitor numbers are greatly reduced.
So that means for everyone that is lucky enough to be in Hong Kong during this period, there will fantastic staycation deals available and plenty of holiday celebrations, all according to the latest government health measures. In addition most hotels are offering private venues for families and close friends bubbles.
This year it is still uncertain whether Hong Kong's legendary New Year's Eve Fireworks display in Victoria Harbour will go ahead, but fireworks or no fireworks, these hotels will certainly go all out with Gala dinners, live music and dancing, free-flowing bubbly and of course the countdown to welcome 2021.
Latest Covid Measures for Staycation Guests
The number of people permitted in a hotel room is capped at four (unless in a group from the same family).
Hotel Pools are OPEN with restricted capacity, with groups capped at four people and spaced at least 1.5 metres apart.
New Year's Celebrations at the Ritz Carlton
Ritz Carlton Hong Kong is the world's highest hotel. Located between the 102nd and 118th floors of the ICC building, the tallest skyscraper in Hong Kong, it offers incredible views and panoramic surroundings of all the holiday glitz that envelopes the harbour this time of the year. Goes without saying, you will have a front row seat to the fireworks if they go ahead this year, from many of the Ritz Carlton restaurants and venues.
- "OZONE: The Starchaser" New Year's Eve Countdown Party: Feel on the top of the world this New Year's Eve at the highest bar in the world. HK$1,388 (advance) with free-flow Veuve Cliquot Champagne, HK$3,388 with free-flow Dom Pérignon, HK$498 at the door (subject to availability)
- New Year's Eve Dinner offerings at all the Hotel's venues: Tin Lung Heen, Lounge & Bar, Tosca, Cafe 103 - many options from Buffet Dinners to 6-course Set Dinners from HK$1,688 - HK$3,280 per adult, children pricing available. Select the second seating for Countdown celebrations!
- Plenty of happenings on New Year's Day including Steiff Teddy Bear Festive Afternoon Tea, New Year's Day Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Buffets, New Year's Day Set Lunch, etc.
All prices plus 10% service.
›› More Info Ritz-Carlton 2020-2021 Festive Season
›› Stay at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, find best rates
Festive Season at the Upper House
Upper House is part of the "House Collection" of Swire Hotels, a handful of uniquely designed small luxury properties that strive to provide a distinctive and highly individualised experience. The hotel is located above Pacific Place, you have fantastic views and easy access to world-class shopping and dining, the Admiralty MTR station, and the business district.
Upper House kicks off the celebrations this festive season with an elegant set menu at Café Gray Deluxe and this is your last chance to enjoy the fabulous holiday spread at Cafe Gray Deluxe as it is closing its doors after over a decade of being at the heart of the city's dining scene. Its last day of service will be 31 December 2020.
- New Year's Eve Gala Dinner at Café Gray Deluxe
First Seating at HK$1,650 per person (6pm - 8pm)
Second Seating at HK$2,950 per person (8:30pm - late)
- Upper House also offers Private Dining Rooms on New Year's Eve - HK$30,000 minimum spending
- Wine pairing and vegetarian menu options also available.
All prices subject to 10% service charge.
›› More Info and Reservations www.upperhouse.com/festive
›› Stay at The Upper House, find best rates
New Year's Celebrations at the Peninsula Hong Kong
The Pen is the legendary "Grande Dame of the Far East" and oldest hotel in Hong Kong. Located in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui this hotel is perfectly situated for taking in the Holiday lights and the magnificent fireworks at midnight. Service at the Peninsula is over the top, and come holiday time, it won't dissapoint.
The Peninsula's restaurants will be celebrating the New Year with special menus, dancing and countdown tothe New Year. Dress is Black Tie / Dark Suit.
- New Year's Eve Celebration Dinner at Felix, countdown and dancing with Felix's Band - HK$4,388
- New Year's Eve Celebration Dinner at Chesa, countdown and dancing with strolling trio - HK$2,688
- New Year's Eve Celebration Dinner Buffet at The Verandah, countdown and dancing with with strolling trio - HK$2,388 adults, HK$1,488 children under 12
- New Year's Eve Celebration Dinner at Spring Moon, countdown and dancing with the Spring Moon Band - HK$2,988
All prices subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation is required.
›› More Info Festive Season 2020-2021 at the Peninsula
›› Stay at the Pen, reserve a harbourview room or suite!
New Year's at Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
The Mandarin is one of Hong Kong's legendary icons which opened in the early '60s. It enjoys that perfect location in the Central Business District and just steps from Statue Square where the city's Winterfest centrepiece stands every year.
The Mandarin Oriental will certainly offer an unforgettable celebration of holiday cheer and festive glamour. Their inspired festive menus offer traditional favourites alongside innovative treats, all prepared and
served by an award-winning team.
This year, you can book a private dining experience at Michelin-starred Mandarin Grill + Bar or in the world's only Krug Room with your close friends and family.
- New Year's Eve Dinner options at selected Mandarin Oriental Restaurants: Clipper Lounge, Cafe Causette, Mandarin Grill + Bar, The Krug Room, The Chinnery - many options from Buffet Dinners, 3-5-course Dinners with free-flow champgane options - from HK$988 - HK$4,888 adults, HK$528 children.
- Plenty of happenings on New Year's Day including Brunch Buffets, Afternoon Teas and Dinner Buffets, New Year's Day Roast, etc.
All prices subject to 10% service charge. Advance reservation and prepayment required for most.
›› More Info 2020-2021 Festive Season at Mandarin Oriental
›› Stay at the Mandarin Oriental, find best rates now!
New Year's Celebrations at the Marco Polo
The Marco Polo offers a fantastic location in Harbour City, Hong Kong's largest shopping center of legendary Christmas displays fame. The hotel also offers superb views of the world's most dramatic waterfront and is one of our top picks whenever fireworks are on the schedule.
The Holiday 2020 - 2021 festive programme includes Italian celebrations at Cucina, Lunch and Dinner Buffets at Cafe Marco, and festive lunches and dinners at the Lobby Lounge.
- New Year's Eve 6-course Italian Set Dinner at Cucina - HK$2,388 per person
- New Year's Eve Dinner Buffet at Cafe Marco - from HK588 adults, HK558 seniors, HK368 children
- New Year's Day Italian Brunch and Set Dinner at Cucina - from HK498 adults, HK298 children
- New Year's Day Lunch, Tea, Dinner Buffet at Cafe Marco - from HK308
- The Lobby Lounge will be hosting Semi-Buffet Lunch and Dinner on New Year's Eve, Lunch and Afternoon Tea on New Year's Day. Santa will make an appearance! Lunch from HK378, Dinner from HK748
›› More Info on the Marco Polo FB Page
›› 2020 - 2021 Holiday Season Menu
›› Stay at the Marco Polo, find best rates now!
New Year's Celebrations at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong
The Harbour Grand's location in North Point in Hong Kong Island boasts a 270-degree view of the Victoria Harbour skyline. You will enjoy magnificent views and should fireworks go ahead for New Year's Eve this year, you will find yourself in
The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from Fortress Hill MTR station and within easy reach to/from anywhere.
On New Year's Eve, Skyline Pavilion at the rooftop is the best vantage point to embrace the magnificent harbourview and when there is a Fireworks display (NYE 2021 Fireworks have not yet been announced) it is exclusively open for all in-house registered guests and diners to enjoy the spectacular show to welcome the new year.
A magical festive season begins once guests step into the splendid lobby of Harbour Grand Hong Kong with a magical snowfall and Christmas choir performance. Let your friends and family take pictures with Santa Claus under our 15-foot high shimmering crystal Christmas tree and the signature gigantic Swarovski chandelier.
Surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides, Le 188° Restaurant & Lounge offers a 188-degree harbour view from the very top of the hotel which is one of the best spots to enjoy the coolest moments of the year while savouring festive delights. The open terrace provide fabulous harbour and city views.
To further enhance the festive joy, party favours are available for guests on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. Santa Claus will visit Harbour Grand Hong Kong on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to give presents to kids! Christmas Eve's and Christmas Dinner Buffet are divided into two sections. Dinner buffet starts from HK$768 per adult and from HK$568 per child. Prices for New Year's Eve Countdown dinner buffet are HK$898 for adult and HK$628 for child.
- New Year's Eve Countdown Dinner Buffet at Harbour Grand Cafe, a luxurious feast with all the traditional treats. Christmas Yule Log, Roasted Stuffed Turkey, together with a wide selection of festive sweets, will be ready at the 80-feet long buffet station. From HK$898 per adult and HK$628 per child.
- New Year's Eve Lunch Buffet at Harbour Grand Cafe from HK$588 per adult and HK$418 per child.
- New Year's Eve 6-course set dinner at Le 188°, the Harbour Grand's signature restaurant which is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows on 3 sides - HK 2,388 per person
- Champagne Package with canapés at HK$388 per person is also available on New Year's Eve at Le 188°
- Kwan Cheuk Heen has come up with two festive menus, including an abundance of Chinese delicacies, New Year's Eve dinner set menus start from HK$598 per person
All prices subject to 10% service charge.
›› Harbour Grand New Year's Eve Programme
›› Stay at the Harbour Grand Hong Kong, find best rates!
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund