Hong Kong Peak Tram
Victoria Peak and the Peak Tram Welcome You Back!!!
Victoria Peak Tram, The Peak Tower, Sky Terrace and Peak Galleria are OPEN!
Safety and health precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19 have been implemented, here's the latest:
- The Peak Tram will operate from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm and run every 15 - 20 minutes. The tramcar will be cleaned with 1:99 bleach after each journey
- The Peak Tower will open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm Monday thru Fridays and from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Saturdays and Sundays and Public Holidays
- Sky Terrace 428 will open from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday thru Fridays and from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Saturdays and Sundays and Public Holidays
- Madame Tussaud's will open from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm daily, last admission at 7:30 pm
- Peak Galleria will open from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm daily
- All visitors are advised to wear a mask when entering and staying within the premises.
- Avoid having to stand in ticket lines by purchasing them online via Klook.com in advance.
The Hong Kong Peak Tram is the fun way to get to Victoria Peak, one of
Hong Kong's top tourist attractions. The Peak Tram together with the Star Ferry are two of Hong Kong's iconic
institutions that have been around for over a century, and yes, a chance for you to ride on a piece of history!
The Victoria Peak Tram is a trolley which is pulled up the very steep slope by a single steel cable.
The entire ride at an almost vertical angle takes less than 10 minutes and brings
you from the lower Terminus station in Central to the Peak, passing through the jungle of buidings in the lower portion to the
greener parts of the island, until arriving at the upper terminal at the Peak Tower.
Getting to the Peak Tram Lower Station
The Lower Terminus Station is located in Garden Road, a short 10 minute walk from either the Central or Admiralty MTR stations:
From the Central MTR station: take exit J or K and follow the signs to the Peak Lower Terminus. Garden Road runs between
the Bank of China tower (the spiky one) and the Cheung Kong Building (the boxy one), you can use these two buildings as landmarks to guide you.
(See our Hong Kong Skyline Landmarks Guide here) The Peak Lower Terminus
will be on the left side.
From the Admiralty MTR station: take exit C1 and take the walkway across the Queensway Government
Offices and Pacific Place Shopping Centre, following signs to Hong Kong Park, cross the park and follow signs to
the Peak Tram Lower Terminus.
From the Star Ferry Central Pier: take Bus 15C which will bring you to the Peak Lower Terminus. Please note this bus runs after 10:00 a.m.
if you want an earlier start this
won't be an option. (Peak Tram starts running at 7:00 a.m.)
The Upper Terminus is at the Peak Tower, which is
a modern structure where you find all sorts of facilities,
including restaurants, shops and a great viewing platform.
Many of the city tours offered by operators make a stop here at Victoria Peak and include the ride on the Peak Tram.
We like this Hong Kong Island Half-Day Tour, which
at US$35 (Kids $28) per person is great value and covers a lot of the highlights, not only in the central areas but in the southern outreaches of the Island, it is a great introduction for first-timers.
Peak Tram Tickets
Fare for the Peak Tram is HK28 single, HK40 return for adults, cheaper for children and seniors.
You can use your Octopus Card to ride the tram, which will save you
the wait for the ticket lines, which can be long specially later in the day.
There are also Fast Track combo tickets for the Tram, the Sky Terrace, and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum,
that not only let you skip the line at the Tram but also offers a great discount. Check out Fast Track Peak Tram Passes and Combos here.
On occassion depending on the time of the day and on weekends, the lines for the Peak Tram can be very long.
After 5:00 p.m. it starts getting particularly busy as the crowds for the evening lights start to come.
Likewise for the return trip, after 8:30 p.m. (after the Symphony of Lights spectacle) it is
not unusual to have to wait up to an hour or more to catch the peak tram back to Central, so consider the bus/taxi options as well.
Hong Kong Victoria Peak Tram Tickets
| Adult || HK 37 || HK 52|
|Child|| HK 14|| HK 23|
|Senior|| HK 14|| HK 23|
Deals on Skip-the-line passes, tickets, food at the Peak
Deals on Victoria Peak Sightseeing Tours
Victoria Peak and Peak Tram Tips
- The Peak Tram is less crowded in the mornings, try to get there early to avoid long waits
- Peak Tram hours are from 7:00 a.m. until midnight
- Avoid weekends and public holidays
- Get an Octopus Card to avoid lines to buy tickets or get a Fast Track Pass, see below
- Consider buying combo tickets for Tram, Sky Terrace, Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum for savings
- Buy Discount, Combo and Fast Track Tickets Online here
- If the lines for the Tram are too long, consider the bus (cheaper!) or taxi to get up or back. A one-way taxi ride is about HK40
- Fares and schedules change constantly. For the latest info check the Victoria Peak official website: www.thepeak.com
Hong Kong Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions