The best hotels in Macau for enjoying one of the city's legendary fireworks displays have commanding views of the Praia Grande Outer Harbour and as fireworks are launched from the sea area in front of the Macau Tower, they can be found on both the Macau Peninsula and Taipa sides.
If you happen to be in town when one of these legendary displays are on, planning your stay in advance is highly advisable as the city runs at full capacity, and specially if your aim is to have the fireworks in view from your hotel.
Avoiding the crowds as you enjoy one of these mesmerizing events from the comfort of your own room, champagne glass in hand, is bound to be one of the highlights of your trip, which goes without saying, will come with a price...
This is when fireworks displays can be enjoyed in Macau:
You can expect hotel rates to skyrocket at these times. For the best deals and choices try to book as early as possible. If you want to watch the fireworks from your bedroom be sure to reserve a room facing the waterfront towards the area in front of the Macau Tower. Alternatively, all of these hotels will have restaurants, lounges or terraces with fantastic fireworks views for guests to enjoy.
Top Indulgence: Mandarin Oriental Macau
- Top notch luxury and service, what you would expect of a Mandarin Oriental, this is one of the most exclusive addresses in Macau
- Located in the peninsula, the Mandarin Oriental enjoys a prime location and offers spectacular views of Nam Van Lake and Macau Bay from each of its 213 guestrooms. This hotel commands a fantastic location for viewing fireworks.
- This hotel is quieter than most as it does NOT have a casino. If you are looking to unwind, this is a perfect choice
- While you're splurging, go all the way and book the Presidential Suite, which boasts a private bar and dining area. Positioned at the "prow" of the building, the bar enjoys an extraordinary 270° view across Macau Bay to Nam Van Lake through floor-to-ceiling windows
- More options at the Mandarin Oriental for fireworks viewing include the stunning Vida Rica Bar with its impressive double-height windows and fantastic array of cocktails, champagne and tapas
Mandarin Oriental Macau:
Avenida Dr Sun Yat Sen, NAPE, Macau
Best value: Hotel Riviera Macau
- Hotel Riviera is a small hotel on Penha Hill overlooking the Praia Grande Bay and offers fantastic views of the fireworks.
- 132 rooms spread over four floors and decorated in Chinese style, many offer spacious balconies to kick back, relax and watch the fireworks cocktail in hand...
- Savings tip: Book a (cheaper) garden view room and watch the fireworks from their rooftop terrace
- Great location and walking distance to many attrations, but also offers a free shuttle if you must
Hotel Riviera Macau:
Rua Comendador do Kou Ho Neng, No. 7-13, Macau
Best Value in Taipa: Regency Art Macau Hotel
- Close to the sea shore in Taipa and away from hustle and bustle of the glitzy casinos. This small hotel has unobstructed harbour views and is a great value choice
- Lots of leisure ammenities: swimming pool, fitness center, tennis courts, sauna
- Convenient bus lines connect you to everywhere else in Macau plus hotel provides shuttle service to the Ferry Terminals
Regency Art Macau Hotel:
2 Estrasa Almirante Marques, Esparteiro, Taipa, 3008, Macau
Affordable Luxury in Taipa: Altira Hotel Macau
- Not far from the Regency Art, the Altira also commands killer views. This hotel has 232 spacious modern rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, arranged over 38 floors
- There is an indoor pool with floor-to-ceiling windows, a fitness center, casino, spa and sauna facility with panoramic views of the city,
- 4 restaurants to choose from including Japanese, Italian plus the rooftop 38 Lounge with an outdoor terrace offering unparalleled views of the Macau Peninsula, the bridges and of course the fireworks
- While you're splurging, go all the way with the Luxurious One Bedroom Villa which features a fully equipped kitchenette and lounge, a steam room as well as a state-of-the-art sound system
- Free minibar!
Avenida de Kwong Tung, Taipa, Macau
Nam Van Lake: Wynn Macau
- Wynn Macau is all glitz and glam and over the top opulence. It features two luxurious towers - Wynn and Encore - which boast more than 1,000 exquisitely furnished rooms and suites, Michelin-star restaurants, casino, two lavish spas, an outdoor swimming pool with luscious gardens, the most fashionable names in luxury retail and exciting entertainment
- This is a large complex, the Wynn Tower faces the lake so for unobstructed views of the fireworks, choose a room in the corner facing the harbour.
- This hotel is right on the Nam Van Lake which is one of the best spots to watch the fireworks. From the Wynn you can also easily walk to the Macau-Taipa bridge another great vantage point
- Wynn Macau offers free shuttle to both ferry terminals and the airport
Rua Cidade de Sintra, NAPE, Macau
Luxury and Glitz: MGM Macau
- The MGM Macau is a 585-room luxury hotel arranged over 35 floors in the waterfront
- Its world-class facilities include Tria Spa and outdoor pools, authentic art pieces, seven signature restaurants and bars to fulfill any gastronomic cravings and a casino
- Ocean view rooms offer beautiful views from full-length glass windows. The Villas are more than just gorgeous rooms with magnificent ocean views. They come equipped with kitchenettes, luxurious bath and rainshowers, entertainment room, and lots and lots of room.
- MGM Macau is conveniently located for fireworks viewing, whether from the hotel or from other convenient spots: it's within not more than a 20 minute-walk from the Macau Tower, the pedestrian Macau-Taipa Bridge, or the Nam Van Lake Promenade.
Avenida Dr. Sun Yat Sen NAPE, Macau
Fantastic Macau Offers!
Hong Kong Events By Month